Pages

Thursday 22 June 2017

The Write Advice 095: BARBARA KINGSOLVER


I struggle with confidence, every time.  I’m never completely sure I can write another book.  Maybe my scope is too grand, my questions too hard, surely readers won’t want to follow me here.  A novel is like a cathedral, it knocks you down to size when you enter into it.  I falter and fidget and worry it won’t be good enough, and then the day comes when I give myself permission:  just write, I tell myself.  No one has to see it, you can throw everything away if it’s terrible, we’ll keep it a secret unless or until it becomes wonderful.  And then I get to work.

About Writing


 

Use the link below to visit the website of North American historical novelist and founder of the PEN/Bellwether Prize for Socially Engaged Fiction BARBARA KINGSOLVER:

 

http://www.kingsolver.com/faq/about-writing.html#1

 

 

You might also enjoy:

 
The Write Advice 075: VAL McDERMID

  
The Write Advice 052: SARAH WATERS

  
The Write Advice 025: SALWA BAKR

No comments:

Post a Comment